Improve your Vision Naturally - Seven Tips To Help you Improve your Vision
You might have lost your sharp vision over the years - or you might have never been gifted with clear and sharp vision from birth. The point is that you're unhappy with your current vision and you wish it would improve. Well, I'm here to give you the good news. It's entirely possible to improve your vision naturally by following the steps found in this article.
With so many monitors and screens that fatigue our vision day to day it's especially important to follow the first few steps. Some of us sit in front of the computer for several hours every day and that gradually harms our vision. If you want to improve your eyesight, you must start by relaxing your eyes and letting them strengthen again.
7 Steps to Improve your Vision Naturally
1. Get adequate sleep. I put this as the #1 because I'm aware that most people whose vision is damaged don't sleep enough. If you don't sleep at least six to seven hours per day, your eyes might not be getting enough rest. Some people need more sleep than others, but six to eight hours is the norm. Never sleep more than eight hours or less than six. If you use the computer for long periods of time never skip sleep.
2. If you use the computer or watch TV frequently, take many rests. A good idea is to have a window next to your working space. Every half an hour or so look outside for about a minute and relax your eyes as much as you can. It's also a good idea not to work on the computer for more than three hours straight by taking breaks of 15 minutes or more. Also remember to keep your working space well illuminated as a dark contrast will force you to strain your eyes and possibly harm your vision. Frequent computer use may cause computer vision syndrome.
3. Have a good nutrition. Eat green vegetables, carrots and don't forget your Omega-3. Omega-3s are fatty acids found in most oily fish such as tuna. They are great in helping you preserve your vision and prevent certain eye problems. Also don't forget to drink plenty of water.
4. Exercise your eyes. Now we get to the part where an actual eye improvement can be achieved. There are many ways to exercise your eyes. The most common is this: Close your eyes and look to the extreme right. Then to the extreme left. Then up and then down. Open your eyes. Repeat 2 - 3 times per day. Although this is a very basic exercise it will help you strengthen your eye muscles and improve your vision.
5. Palming. Palming is a very useful exercise that is meant to relax your eyes completely. First of all, wash your hands. Now sit in a comfortable chair and close your eyes. Cover them with your two palms while avoiding any pressure on them. Relax your eyes as much as you can. Don't move them. Try to focus on your breathing and do palming for at least five minutes preferably after a long session of using the computer or another time when your eyes might be tired (such as after reading or being outside).
6. Get daily supplements. Take daily supplements of vitamins and minerals from your local store. Make sure that you're not allergic to any of the ingredients. This will help you improve your vision.
7. Protect your eyes. It's very important to protect your eyes if you want to improve your vision. You could be unaware of doing things that are affecting your eyesight significantly. For more information, refer to the tips for protecting your vision.
You might also want to read the vision improvement page or the eye health tips article for more information.